Editor’s pick: The Survival of Staff Development
Patient Safety Monitor Insider
February 22, 2012
High-quality clinical care comes from high-quality education. Prove the value of your staff development program with help from author and staff development expert Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, in this groundbreaking HCPro book, The Survival of Staff Development: Measure Outcomes and Demonstrate Value to Establish an Indispensable Department. Avillion offers clear guidance to help you put your program's worth into quantifiable terms and align staff development with your organization's goals. Educators of all levels will be able to evaluate the effect of training on retention, staff competency, and patient outcomes.
- Assess outcomes and use evidence to make adjustments to improve your practice
- Effectively calculate and communicate the return on investment of your program to administrators
- Create a department wide mission that supports organizational goals
- Evaluate the educational products and services your staff development program offers the organization
- Demonstrate, in quantifiable terms, your program’s contribution to organizational effectiveness
- Learn confident communication and adopt a survivor mentality to ensure that staff development remains essential to organizational success
For more information or to order, call 800/650-6787 and mention Source Code EZINEADp4 or visit HCPro's Healthcare Marketplace.